Monday, March 23, 2009

Maybe I should back up a little...

So, I realized though I've told you about who I am today, I have not revealed how I have become who I am. This may take a while...

When I was twelve, my older step-sister's first boyfriend broke her heart. When she told me, I thought to myself, well, maybe I can create her an alternative ending and bring a smile to her face. So, I wrote my first story ever, giving my sister the ending she would have liked.

This is when my obsession began. In highschool, my creative writing teacher, who will be first and foremost the one person I will always remember for her nuturing and postive attitude toward my writing skills. She said to me, I believe someday I will see you in print. And the seed blossomed.

Why Romance?

Because, it is in, my opinion, the only thing worth writing about. When God created man, why did he create us? To love him. From the day of our conception, we are born of a mother's love. We are introduced to love from the very beginning. So why not write about it? Let me explain a little further. Why love?

Love is the essence of life. It is the one emotion in this world we cannot do without. I'm not a liberal, I don't believe love can solve problems, but I do believe love can introduce solutions. I know from personal experience, even the strongest man or woman can fall victim to love, and be better for it, stronger for it.

My husband and I spent our first year of marriage apart, he in Iraq and me in Kosovo.

Yes, I was military myself just a year ago.

A journalist, in fact.

However, this did not feed my soul. It is my passion for creating love stories, reading them and constructing characters deserving of it that grips me. I am a slave to my bleeding heart, or some might say, but in reality, if I can put my heart into one story, then I have done something right.

So, now that you know my short, but inspiring journey, I hope you understand where the emotion and love come from. I am simply a vessel for something to be said, through my written word. I absolutely love writing about love!

No comments: